- Use a few drops to spot-treat problematic skin areas
- You can dilute with other carrier oils and essential oils for larger scalp and skin applications or you can buy Vitellus’ formulations of hair and skin treatments
- Food grade – this oil can be taken internally for traditional medicine benefits
It has been used in traditional medicine for hundreds of years in Jewish, Greek, Arab, Latin, Chinese, and Indian cultures. The full list of hair, skin, and traditional medicine applications is shown below:
Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Mouth ulcers
- Skin ulcers
- Chapped nipples
- Tinea capitis
- Nasal vestibulitis
- Periodontal disease (gargling)
Traditional Indian Medicine
- Hair loss
- Grey hair
- Frizzy hair
- Regenerate hair follicles
- Increase shine and strength of hair
- Anti-oxidant (for anti-ageing)
- Skin penetration enhancer
- Skin conditioner
- Anti-bacterial agent
- Promotes wound healing
- Softens cuticles, decreases nail peeling.
While egg proteins have been carefully removed to ensure the purity of the oil, trace proteins may remain which could cause an allergic reaction for those with egg allergies, although risk should be minimal. If you are sensitive to eggs, you should try the product in a small area before applying further.
Please also note that some of the fats in this oil are solid at room temperature. This may give the oil a “cloudy” appearence. This cloudiness is proof of the purity of this oil, showing that all the heavier fats have been left in the product rather than removed during “refining”. You can heat up the bottle under warm water to return these fats to liquids, or just give the bottle a shake before use to ensure they are well distributed in the oil. Please contact us if you have any questions about our egg oil.
For more information about the benefits of egg oil, please check out Ecovatec Solutions Inc’s White Paper.